Lots of other little jobs have been done over the last few months (in addition to the major work on the fans and the floor).
When we originally stripped back the vehicle to remove all the extra panelling that the school classroom conversion had added, we discovered that the extractor fans were missing from the roof.
The floor of our truck was looking the worse for wear after 56 years, so we decided to replace it.
So, take one working Marconi MKIII mobile power supply (see previous entry); add one camera control unit (CCU) and a picture and waveform monitor (PWM) mounted on our new “scaffolding” construction.Continue reading “We have pictures”
Here we have a somewhat dilapidated Marconi MKIII Camera Power Supply!Continue reading “Rebuilding a Marconi MKIII Power Supply”
A few more pieces of formica-covered timber and the addition of some identification labels finishes off the front monitor stack.
A “Transmission/Rehearsal” sign is fitted top-centre.
There was a problem with the first attempt at mounting the production and engineering monitors – the top shelf was too low so when we attempted to slide the picture and waveform monitors into their anti-vibration mounts the top shelf mounts scraped on the top of the monitors.Continue reading “Second attempt at equipment mounting”
The equipment which we are using is of the Marconi “mobile” family – this was similar to the studio variant but packaged in mobile cases using quick-release shock-resistant mountings.Continue reading “First attempt at equipment mounting”
A little side project is to make the locker lighting work again.Continue reading “Locker lighting refurbishment”
A major step forward was installing the power distribution panels.Continue reading “We have power”