As is usual for any vehicle that has a few years behind it, the electrics are “interesting” to say the least. Generations of mechanics have practiced their crimping techniques on the wiring!
There are two lockers above the driver and passenger seats, these have two sliding doors – unfortunately one of these doors was missing (and it would happen to be the one with the curved front edge!).
Although we had done some work on the cab area earlier on (seats, basic painting and others) there was still some work to do.
Ever since we took delivery of the vehicle, there has been no front bumper, this was lost or removed in an earlier life along with lots of other pieces of coachwork (locks, step/handholds and so on).
Now we need a production desk to put the Vision Mixer, Sound Mixer, Comms panel and other items on. Continue reading “Production desk”
Lots of other little jobs have been done over the last few months (in addition to the major work on the fans and the floor).
When we originally stripped back the vehicle to remove all the extra panelling that the school classroom conversion had added, we discovered that the extractor fans were missing from the roof.
The floor of our truck was looking the worse for wear after 56 years, so we decided to replace it.
So, take one working Marconi MKIII mobile power supply (see previous entry); add one camera control unit (CCU) and a picture and waveform monitor (PWM) mounted on our new “scaffolding” construction.
Here we have a somewhat dilapidated Marconi MKIII Camera Power Supply!